We provide a special Audiological service for care homes Nationwide. The Hearing Service Team are one of the few providers for hearing care in the care home sector. We love what we do and understands the need to safeguard older, more vulnerable patients who live in care homes, as their needs are different from those of other older people. The contribution that can be made by professional, specially trained and motivated hearing care specialists during a care home hearing test to increase quality of life, well-being and dignity of residents is exceptional.
Being well taken care of in a great care home is the foundation of happiness for care home residents. Our hearing care experts are dementia friends and work with the ethos to help improve care home resident’s health and quality of life. We have portable diagnostic equipment which allows us to conduct full hearing test and also dispense hearing aids all in the care home. This saves the need to take residents back and forth to the hospital for such health care, making it a more comfortable and enjoyable experience.
Care Home Audiology Services
• All of our staff are police checked and trained in safeguarding vulnerable people
• People in care homes are at increased risk of falls and may be at risk of having their hearing health checks not assessed
• 60% of elderly home care residents will fall at least once a year, half of them repeatedly
• 14,000 people die each year in the UK as a result of osteoporotic hip fracture
• Studies have shown that mild hearing triples risks of falls
• Communicate to care staff and patients the importance of wearing the hearing aid devices
• Advise nursing staff on different type of hearing aids – we also provide free staff training
• Advise on fall prevention measures.
• Special hearing aids with name engraving space
• Personal hearing care reports for the care home care plans
• Provide training to care staff on improving hearing health for residents
• Hearing health clinical days for resident’s ear health to be examined
• Microsuction ear wax removal in the care home
• Our Audiologist can dispense hearing aids in the care home saving the residents needing to go back and forth to the hospital
We offer hearing health days in care homes to examine all residents hearing health.
Request a hearing health introduction for your care home by email on firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call on 0800 024 8896 to arrange a short introduction meeting.